I first heard of the Capta through Kickstarter and though I missed getting in on the funding campaign before it closed, it remained on my list as an accessory to check out. As you probably already know, I do record video reviews and I’ve been getting a little tired of the cheap and flimsy plastic clamp tripod mount that I’d been using with my iPhone. Fortunately, BiteMyApple.co offered me a Capta to review and I’ve used it to record a few videos and get a feel for how well it works.
If you’re not familiar with the Capta, it’s an aluminum tripod mount and stand accessory for the iPhone or any other smartphone or smartphone-sized device. It has an über sticky polyurethane pad used to secure your smartphone and a ¼-20 threaded hole to mount on a tripod or any other accessory with a stud this size.
Here’s my video review of the Capta:
If the video is TL;DR for you, here’s my summary:
- It’s very light and portable for use on the go
- Super sticky – will not let go of your device!
- Works with a variety of devices
- Well-made, should last for years
- Almost too sticky, though I’d rather it be too sticky than not sticky enough and drop my iPhone
- $34.95 feels a little expensive for what it is but it can be an essential tool if you need a versatile tripod mount
BiteMyApple.co provided the Capta for this review. Despite this, my review is based solely on my own opinions and experiences with the Capta over the past several weeks and neither BiteMyApple.co nor any other entity provided input for this review.[/frame]