I love reading. I was one of those kids who spent more time at the library than anyone else and walked out with a stack of books to borrow each week. I used to ask my parents to drop me off at the public library and pick me up several hours later, which always earned me strange looks from them. “Are you sure you want to stay here that long?” they’d ask. I’d mutter a hasty “Yes” as I rushed into the library to browse through the musty bookshelves, usually starting in the science fiction section and working my way through to young adult books and fiction.
Thanks to a fantastic dev I met online (you know who you are – you ROCK!), I have installed the 4.0 beta firmware on my iPhone 3GS. I’ve been using it for the past couple of days and have a few first impressions about what I really like about it so far.
I bought the official Apple iPad case when I picked up my iPad on release day. Frankly, I shouldn’t have picked it since I already had a book-style case on order (this moleskine-style DodoCase, which just arrived and I put up a first impressions post + video on my blog) and I want a fitted silicone-style case as my second case to use around the house, which I purchased from Cimousa via eBay. I’ve found the Apple case to be useful for protecting my iPad from scratches and whatnot, but it offers little drop protection and drives me a little crazy from a cosmetic standpoint.
- Fits snugly
- Its cover bends back and fits into a specially-designed slot neatly so that it acts as a stand
- Access to all ports and entire screen
- Matte black surface adds grip
- The case shows every single smudge or bit of dirt from anything that touches it. While it’s easy enough to brush off, it’s just annoying to a neat freak like myself that this happens so easily.
- The lip around the section that holds the iPad makes the case look a little cheap, in my opinion.
- In “stand mode” it’s not very sturdy and can be knocked over more easily than I’d like.
- Too expensive for what you get.
The other line has grown quite a bit already and now has around 50 people in it, up from about 25 when I’d arrived:
I am far too excited right now. If all goes well, I should be out of here shortly after 9:00 with iPad in hand!
Sent from my iPhone